Prevent Form Submission If Date is Greater Than 90 Days In Future

Options

Our IT department uses a form in Smartsheet for users to request access to to our systems for external users. One of the columns in the sheet/form is the Account Expiration Date, which can't be more than 90 days in the future.

Is there any way to prevent a user from submitting the form if they've selected any such date? My thought was to use the form logic for when the date "is after 90 days from now", but I can only use this to display other fields. Now if I could use the logic to display a required empty read-only text box , than that would be a nice work around to prevent the user from submitting, but I don't see any way to do this.

Any thoughts or suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Answers

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

You should be able to include something like a required checkbox on the form that says the users has checked and confirmed everything as accurate as well as a header in the form that says something along the lines of "Date Entered Must Be within the past 90 days".

Then your form logic would show the header when the date is before 90 days ago and the checkbox when the date is within 90 days ago. If the checkbox can't be checked, then they can't submit the form, and the header lets them know why they can't submit the form instead of just saying a required field is missing.

• Patrick Dodd
    Options

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the suggestion! I tried implementing this logic, and unfortunately it still allowed me to submit the form even though I had an date selected that only was displaying the header. Even with the checkbox being required, when hidden by the logic it seems that Smartsheet is bypassing the fact that it's required, and still allows the user to submit the form. Any other thoughts on how to work around this?

• Newcomer2
    Newcomer2 ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi,

Are there any updates for not being able to submit form if they put in the incorrect date? I am having the same issue where they are still able to submit the form even though they didn't put the correct date. Thank you!