To prevent copy row automation copying duplicated data

Hi,

Currently, I am using copy-a-row automation to copy newly uploaded data from the Smartsheet form.

Is there any way I can make sure that the duplicated data in File 1 won't copy to File 2 by using the following automation?

Note: Each record will come with a unique ID.

Answers

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Are you able to provide some screenshots for context?

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER

10xViz.com

• Happy
    Happy ✭✭

Hi @Paul Newcome ,

the information is confidential so I am only able to share some examples.

For example, Sheet 1 has a record of "ABC123" and Sheet 2 has "ABC123" as well, how do I prevent it from being copied it from Sheet 1 to Sheet 2 with the following automation?

The reason I use the automation is due to I need to copy the attachment as well.

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Is there a reason you are using a copy row automation as opposed to a row report?

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER

10xViz.com

• Happy
    Happy ✭✭

Hi @Paul Newcome,

Yes, Sheet 1 is linked to an APP to record our customer registration information but some customer's mobile were not able to download the APP, so we created Sheet 2 for them to fill out the form.

From my own understanding, we can actually create the form straight from sheet 1, just we are afraid it will change the API link to the APP.

As for automation to copy rows is due to that is the only way I found out able to copy attachments to another sheet.