Linking 1 master data sheet to 80+ individual sheets

Options

I am working on setting up Smartsheet in order to collect reports and track grant funding for a large number of individual contracts with different organizations.

I want all organizations to provide their monthly reporting numbers via a form, which I have set up to feed into a master data sheet. The tricky part is, I also need orgs to be able to come back and view/update their own data, but not anyone else's. So, ideally I want to have individual sheets auto-populate with only relevant data, but I also want changes to the individual sheets to be reflected back on the master sheet. I've been trying to set this up using a workflow without much luck.

Is there a better way to go about this?

Answers

• AravindGP
    AravindGP ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @MalloryWatson,

You will need to consider procuring Dynamic View. Dynamic View is an add on premium app from Smartsheet that helps you to show filtered data sets to various users for viewing and/or editing data. Any data edited will be reflected in the underlying sheet and with the current user filter, you can show each user the data that corresponds to them. You also have the option to limit the columns displayed for view and edit as well as make all fields read-only if needed using logic.

Thanks,

Aravind

Reach out for any help on licenses, configuration, or training