Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Misaligned Selected Box in Smartsheet - GUI

Peter Henry
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2015 Posts

Hi,

I have noticed the following after using smartsheet on Windows7 and IE 9.0. It looks like the selected box is mis-aligned which is offset from the box that youa re typing in.

I have to switch to a new sheet and back again for it to disappear, but it eventually comes back.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Kind Regards

Peter Henry

SS1.PNG

Comments

• Travis
    Travis Employee
    edited 07/13/15

Hi Peter, thanks for the post! Please check your browser zoom level by going to Internet Explorer > View > Zoom. If this is not 100%, try setting it 100% then reload Smartsheet and check if you are still getting this behavior. If your browser zoom is set to 100% and you are still seeing misalignment, post a screenshot of your sheet (hiding any sensitive data) to this discussion. 

• Shantal O'Brien
    edited 07/13/15

Peter,

I had this same problem a few months ago. I noticed the problem occurs when there are more then three (3) lines in a cell. Try making the width of the cell a little larger, so there are no more then three (3) lines of data in each cell.

• I get this occassionally when working in Chrome. I've not determined any repeatable reason. 

My work around has been to save and reload the page.  Once it goes wonky it doesn't fix itself - and I have no way of knowing for sure what line I'm working on.

• Travis
    Travis Employee

Shantal and David - when you see this behavior, is your browser zoom set to something other than 100%? 

• I never have mine adjusted outside of 100%. 

• Travis
    Travis Employee
    edited 07/14/15

Thanks David. Just to be sure, press CTRL + 0 while in Chrome (this will set your browser zoom to 100%). Could you provide a fullscreen screenshot of what you are seeing? 

• My misalignment issue was caused by a phone number detection browser setting. A click-to-call icon was automatically appearing next to phone numbers within SmartSheet when viewed in Internet Explorer, affecting row alignment.

I was able to solve this issue by disabling number detection within Internet Explorer, under Tools > Skype for Business Click to Call > Disable Number Detection.

YMMV.

This discussion has been closed.