Different Working Days within one sheet

Is there a way to have different working days for different rows within the same sheet? Some tasks in my sheet have durations based on a 5 day week and others are based on a 7 day week but I can only seem to set this at account or sheet level not individual row/task level

Answers

• Eric Law
    Eric Law ✭✭✭✭✭✭
  • I don't know how else to explain other than what I've said above. In MS Project you can use multiple calendars and choose which calendar to use for specific tasks/items. This doesn't seem possible in SmartSheet. Some tasks exclude weekend work (typical office tasks) therefore based on 5 day work week but other tasks are carried out over a 7 day work week including weekends (workshop and offshore operations for example)

If I have my Gantt chart project settings as below (which is fine for office based tasks) then when I add a task that will be completed based on a 7 day work week (offshore operation) then if I enter a duration of 28days it won't work out the correct end date as it will exclude weekends.

I can't create different sheets as offshore tasks have office based tasks as predecessors so needs to be within the same sheet.

What I need to do doesn't seem possible in SmartSheet therefore I was looking for feedback on any potential workarounds or future improvements.

Thanks

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Sarah Humphries

I hope you're well and safe!

Unfortunately, as far as I know, it's not possible now, but it's an excellent idea!

Please submit this as a Product Feedback or Idea (If it hasn't been added already) when you have a moment.

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• If you add two columns (“Allow Wkends” and “Actual Duration”)

Where a “y” in the “Allow Wkends”  column indicates we want to count Saturdays and Sundays for that specific task

And the “Actual Duration” column contains the formula

=IF([Allow Wkends]@row = "y", NETDAYS([test date]@row, [Test end date]@row), NETWORKDAYS([test date]@row, [Test end date]@row))