Smartsheet Form

dfortuna
dfortuna ✭✭✭✭
edited 11/01/23 in Smartsheet Basics

I have a Smartsheet where users complete a form for new hires (hardware, software, etc.) requirements. Some fields are drop down lists that users complete the appropriate items for the request. Is there a way that I can export each request into a form that can include check boxes for each item? Fields in the sheet include both drop down and non-drop down lists. I am trying to take the request and create a check off sheet where I can check the completed items as I work through the request. Appreciate any assistance!

Answers

• Hollie205
    Hollie205 ✭✭✭

Smartsheet does not currently have the capability of including data from a sheet in a form.

You can however add columns to your smartsheet that the form feeds into for you to check off as you work through them on the sheet. The additional columns do not need to be included in the original form but still gives you a place to check them off.

If you want it on a separate sheet than where the forms feed into you can set up an automation to copy the rows over to another sheet and have your checkbox columns added there.

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @dfortuna

I hope you're well and safe!

Yes, this might be possible, if I'm not misunderstanding!

Can you elaborate and share some screenshots? (Delete/replace any confidential/sensitive information before sharing) That would make it easier to help.

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• dfortuna
    dfortuna ✭✭✭✭

Thank you for the information. We are looking at revamping our current process and this might no longer be a need.