Sign in to submit new ideas and vote
Get Started

Workapps Default Role

I would like the ability for users assigned to multiple workapp roles to select a default role that will appear upon sign in without needing additional toggling.

Tags:
16 votes

Idea Submitted · Last Updated

Comments

• Kayla Q
    Kayla Q ✭✭✭✭✭

This is SUCH a pain!

• S.I.D.
    S.I.D. ✭✭
    edited 12/07/23

Currently newly added roles appear at the top of the list and anyone in more than one role will default to the uppermost role for which they are a member.

It would be useful if we could choose the order of the roles so that we could determine the role a user/usergroup would default to.

When the roles are all known before building an app we can allow for this but when circumstances change we either have an unprofessional requirement to change roles frequently or we have to rebuild a new app and retire the old one just to change this.

• Angie Badgett
    Angie Badgett Overachievers
    edited 10/21/24

Yes! This is such a limitation to the natural evolution of a workapp - you'd expect to be able to change the default role that shows upon login, or rearrange the order but as this is not possible you have to work very hard to future-proof your role setup which isn't always possible. Would LOVE to see a product enhancement to allow for the WorkApp owner to adjust the order of roles!

• MHalvey
    MHalvey ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 10/21/24

2nd! I was just searching for this option for my new project and just came across this post. Hopefully this feature gets added.

Michael Halvey

"Strive for Progress, not Perfection."

• HectorH
    HectorH ✭✭✭
    edited 10/21/24

Please update this.

• Todd S.
    Todd S. ✭✭

Please fix this

• A.Curtin
    A.Curtin ✭✭
    edited 10/22/24

I know this isn't a solution, but a workaround to extensive pre-planning that I've used when building the App is to create a few extra roles with no one in them at the top of the list and then add the roles I will be actively using for the App below those. Later, if I need a new role that I would like to be the default for members in multiple roles, then I re-purpose one of the extra roles higher up the list and rename the role for it's new purpose. 😉