Does activity show on the underlying sheet if someone accesses a dynamic view?

I have created a sheet that I have built a report off of and then built a dynamic view off of the report. If someone does not have access to the sheet will their activity still reflect in the activity log if they access the dynamic view?

The person does not have any permissions to the workspace where the sheet is located and does not have permissions on the underlying sheet. I recently moved the sheet into a personal workspace because there were users with higher workspace permission levels than my sheet and making changes.

Tags:

Answers

• Razetto
    Razetto ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@BethWork I looked at a process that I have setup with dynamic view and it looks like it show as "user" if the person with access through dynamic view submits an entry using a form, but it shows the name of the person when adding a comment or attachment.

• BethWork
    BethWork ✭✭✭✭
    edited 11/08/23

@Razetto How does someone who has zero access to my sheet or workspace get access? I see activity within my sheet for users that neither have access to the sheet nor to the workspace.

If it matters, the sheet was previously in a shared workspace, but then I recently (last Friday) moved it into an entirely separate workspace. I do not want anyone that I have not shared the sheet with to have access to it at all.

Will old links to the sheet still work? I thought if the sheet was moved it would break the link for them by limiting access.

• BethWork
    BethWork ✭✭✭✭

@Andrée Starå Do you know the answer to this question? I really want to lock down the access to this sheet and I'm seeing activity in my sheet for people that I have not given permissions to nor do they have access to the workspace.

Is the activity I'm seeing from the dynamic view I built off of the source sheet? It's not showing the activity as just "user" it's showing the name of the person.