Report not sorting properly after adding the year

Hello,

Help. My report, which is sorted alpahbetically, was exactly how we needed it to appear until I had to add "2023" before each sheet name and now it seems it has a mind of it's own.

"2023 Call Center..." should come before "2023 COBRA...." and "2023 SA Out of scope.." moved it's way up in the list. I have removed sheets, added sheets in a different order and it keeps reverting to the sort you see here. What is going on?? It's happening in another report as well and I need these to be in ABC order on a dashboard.

Thanks for you help!

Best Answer

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Happy to help. 👍️

I do the double space thing a lot on accident when I am copy/pasting the same thing onto the front of sheet names. I copy the space so I just have to paste, but then without thinking I go ahead and hit the space anyway sometimes. Haha.

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER

10xViz.com

Answers

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Double check that you didn't accidentally enter extra spaces anywhere. Extra spaces are not shown, but they are stored on the back-end.

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

10xViz.com

• Hi Paul,

I finally got it to order right. I went back to each and every report and removed and retyped the report name to eliminate any "unseen' spaces on the back end. I still had one report that did not want to comply. I ended up making a change in the sheet and saving the sheet. Then undid my change and saved it again and it seemd to still.

Hope it sticks!! Thanks for your help!

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Happy to help. 👍️

I do the double space thing a lot on accident when I am copy/pasting the same thing onto the front of sheet names. I copy the space so I just have to paste, but then without thinking I go ahead and hit the space anyway sometimes. Haha.

10xViz.com