Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Count Info Across Multiple Sheets

Options
Brian Wilson
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2015 Posts

Howdy!

I have five sheets that my regional teams update about their current status of projects. I am wanting to create a report that shows a breakdown by count of each region. 

For example, if the West Region has 10 active projects and the Central Region has 5, I would like a report that would pull data from both sheets and show it in one place. 

Thanks!

Comments

• John Sauber
    John Sauber ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

That would be tasty, but I'm not sure it's on the menu.

• SashaR
    Options

Are you wanting a sheet/report that displays a count of the number of projects for each region? You could build formulas on your 5 sheets that will count this, then use cell linking to link those cells (containing the formulas) to a master sheet where you can run your totals across all 5 sheets. Is that what you are looking for?

• JamesR
    JamesR ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Create a Row at the top of each sheet that counts the projects and have the task name as Region - Dashboard.

Create a report that filters on Task Name contains Dashboard

You should end up with five lines with the count numbers in each Refion

• Hi Brian,

If you just want number of projects in your report then above answers would be able to help you get that.

If you need additional information and not just the number of projects - then

please provide more details and data samples for the report you need.

Thanks

This discussion has been closed.