How to embed confluence page using Embedder for Confluence app into a Smartsheet Dashboard

Hello,

I have seen multiple help posts about embedding Smartsheets into Confluence but not much for embedding Confluence into Smartsheets. As Confluence does not do embedding natively, I installed the Embedder for Confluence app from their list of apps.

I created a test sheet in confluence and followed the app guide to create an embed code. However when I attempt to embed it into a Dashboard, I get an error:

The full embed code is as follows:

<script id="embedder-inline-embed-widget-1">

var s = document.createElement('script'); s.type = "text/javascript"; s.async = true;

s.src = "https://embedder.upraise.io/ext/widget/embed_confluence_search_init.js?embedType=1&widgetId=1099ac90-8e18-11ee-8eb0-a7d5d7d7ebd0&clientKey=9ed15ea6-d72f-38c7-b73c-f853a42eeedf";

s.onload = s.onreadystatechange = function() {

// can add logic to load widget or not

var wh = new window.embedConfluenceWidget();

};

var h = document.getElementsByTagName('head')[0]; h.appendChild(s);

</script>

I have tried using just the link in the midst of the embed code and that didnt work either. Has anyone successfully embedded a Confluence page into Smartsheet using the Embedder for Confluence App before?

Any help would be much appreciated!

Tags:

Answers

• Brian_Richardson
    Brian_Richardson Overachievers Alumni

You cannot embed from Confluence. There's a list of sites that Smartsheet will embed from. Also you need to just use the URL, not the code. I see you tried that already, but since it's a confluence URL it won't work anyway.

Here's the list of sites that you can embed using the Web Content Widget on Dashboards:

One very roundabout way you could try to get around this is to embed the Confluence page on a Google Site or Looker Studio or Power BI page or Tableau and then embed that "hosting page" onto your Smartsheet dash. I'm not sure it'll work at all, we don't use Confluence so I cannot test it myself.

BRIAN RICHARDSON | PMO TOOLS AND RESOURCES | HE|HIM

SEATTLE WA, USA

IRON MOUNTAIN