Email of Submission Summary

Has anyone else had issues with the email of submission text NOT matching what is written in the form?

We have automated approval and the email record is supposed to notify the user that their submission is approved, with very specific language. I made the change some time ago and was just noticed today that what I see in the Form Settings, is not what is going out. Is there a hidden field somewhere, or a cache of some type?

TIA

Answers

• Hi @HKWS

There are three possible places I can think of custom text being input:

• In Form Settings: Form Submission confirmation text
    • In Form Settings: Email Message upon Form Submission
    • In Automations: Sheet workflow notification message

It sounds like perhaps you may have updated the text in the Form Settings that appears after an initial submission, if the user selected the option to receive a copy of their response.

However earlier you note that there's an "automated approval", which sounds like it may be a workflow in the sheet. Is that possible?

If so, you'll need to change the language sent out from the alert in the Body of the Action Block.

How many workflows do you have associated with this sheet? Let me know if this helps at all!

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

• HKWS
    HKWS ✭✭

Thank you @Genevieve P. ! So many boxes to check/uncheck and areas to update.