Count Columns in data sheet to appear in calc sheet.

Options

I need help writing a Smartsheet formula that examines the "status" and "County if known" columns in a data spreadsheet. I want it to count the number of each type of status for each county. The Smartsheet containing the data is named "Test of File a complaint" the sheet where the calculation will appear is named "Complaints Calculation Sheet". I appreciate your assistance in the matter.

Best Answer

• Jason Albrecht
    Jason Albrecht ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @FGCC Smartsheet

This may be a silly question, but the formula pasted above seems like it is designed for excel, not for smartsheet?

Can I assume that if you were to paste the Smartsheet formula here, it would look something like this?

=COUNTIFS({Test of File a complaint Country if known}, "Collier", {Test of File a complaint Status}, "Assigned")

This is assuming that the process followed included using the 'Reference Another Sheet' link when developing the formula...

... and then changed the range name when selecting the relevant columns from...

to

Thanks in advance for your clarification.

Hope this helps and that you have a great day,

Jason Albrecht MBA, MBus(AppFin), DipFinMgt

LinkedIn profile - Open to work

Answers

• FGCC Smartsheet
    Options

I've tried different formulas. Why isn't this one working "=COUNTIFS('Test of File a complaint'![County if known]:`County if known`, "Collier", 'Test of File a complaint'!Status:Status, "Assigned")

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @FGCC Smartsheet

I hope you're well and safe!

Can you share some screenshots? (Delete/replace any confidential/sensitive information before sharing) That would make it easier to help.

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• FGCC Smartsheet
    edited 12/11/23
    Options

@Andrée Starå Please let me know if you need more screen captures. The formula listed above returns "unparseable". This is an example of what I'm trying to build.

• Jason Albrecht
    Jason Albrecht ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @FGCC Smartsheet

This may be a silly question, but the formula pasted above seems like it is designed for excel, not for smartsheet?

Can I assume that if you were to paste the Smartsheet formula here, it would look something like this?

=COUNTIFS({Test of File a complaint Country if known}, "Collier", {Test of File a complaint Status}, "Assigned")

This is assuming that the process followed included using the 'Reference Another Sheet' link when developing the formula...

... and then changed the range name when selecting the relevant columns from...

to

Thanks in advance for your clarification.

• FGCC Smartsheet
    Options

Thank you for the replay. I'm working on the SmartSheets learning curve. It's like Excel but not exactly.

• Jason Albrecht
    Jason Albrecht ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Enjoy the journey. The community is here to help.

Feel free to reach out with more questions / clarifications as or when needed.

Otherwise, let us know how you go with this one, as others with similar challenges will appreciate your resolution.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!