How do I utilise the IF formula to allow a T-Shirt size to be generated based on duration of days?

Hello,

First time asking a question. Forgive brevity/waffle!

I have been struggling to understand the syntax issue I have when trying to generate a T-shirt size based off the 'Duration [Days]' column I have.

If 'Duration [Days]' is known/calculated from START/END Dates can I generate the t-shirt size automatically?

My formula/s thus far are:

ATTEMPT 1

=IF([Duration \[Days\]]@row <= 1, "XXS"), IF([Duration \[Days\]]@row <= 5, "XS"), IF([Duration \[Days\]]@row <= 10, "S"), IF([Duration \[Days\]]@row <= 20, "M"), IF([Duration \[Days\]]@row <= 40, "L"), IF([Duration \[Days\]]@row <= 60, "XL"), IF([Duration \[Days\]]@row > 60, "XXL")

ATTEMPT 2

=IF([Duration [Days]]@row <= 1, "XXS", IF([Duration [Days]]@row <= 5, "XS"), IF([Duration [Days]]@row <= 10, "S", IF([Duration [Days]]@row <= 20, "M", IF([Duration [Days]]@row <= 40, "L", IF([Duration [Days]]@row <= 60, "XL", IF([Duration [Days]]@row > 60, "XXL"))))))

Am I anywhere near close to cracking this?

Or

Do I need to insert [value_if_false] into the above?

Beyond that, can you also drive a formula on top of the above IF function that would allow me to input the t-shirt shirt and generate both the end date and 'Duration [Days]' if the start date is known?

Basically, I would like that ability to generate a t-shirt size if duration is known, or generate duration if t-shirt size is estimated.

Please enlighten me.

Thanks,

Jack

Tags:

Best Answer

Answers

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!