Contact not populating correctly in automated workflow?

Options

This is a cosmetic issue only, but it’s important to the person being singled out.

I have a list of supervisors who get assigned when incidents are submitted. There’s an automated workflow that assigns the supervisor based on certain criteria. The assignment column has all the contacts with names and email addresses. However, one of the supervisors shows up in the automation list only as an email address. I’ve added her to my contacts and she’s listed in all the contact columns on various sheets with name and email. She’s shared to the sheet with name and email. She’s shared via a group and she’s in the group with name and email. But when I try to put her contact in the workflow to assign her, only her email comes up. I tried to add new from the workflow builder, but it won’t let me. I’m stumped.

Answers

• Ella
    Ella ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@RBro79 check her set up in User Management. Most likely she's been added with her email only, so edit the contact to add her name.

• RBro79
    RBro79 ✭✭✭
    Options

Thanks Ella,

I am not an enterprise level admin, so I don’t see User Management options. I assume the user could edit her own profile?

Thank you for the help,

Rod

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Options

Hi @RBro79

Another thing to check is if the email was entered into a cell in that column in the sheet - if the contact is listed just as an email anywhere in the sheet, then it will appear as an option in the Assigned To workflow. You'll need to update the sheet to ensure the contact is listed correctly in all cells as well as Column properties (double click the column name).

Cheers,

Genevieve

• RBro79
    RBro79 ✭✭✭
    Options

Thank you both! The combination of both things did the trick.