Sign in to submit new ideas and vote
Get Started

Dynamic Filter on Dashboards

13»

Comments

• Koleen Steiner
    Koleen Steiner ✭✭✭✭

At Engage I attended the class sharing the ability to add the ability to "filter" onto a dashboard via Smartsheet - it included multiple complex layers of formulas. We have utilized our Power BI reports, adding them to Smartsheet as a website, which enables their slicers. It partners amazingly with Smartsheet, together a dashboard can be a great tool! The only limitation I have experienced is PBI does NOT display hyperlinks, but Smartsheet reports can, which is why we partner them together.

Koleen Steiner

IT PM & Smartsheet Guru, BeiGene, Inc.

• D_E_
    D_E_ ✭✭

Right now to show large amounts of data for example it would be great for users to compare year to year by allowing the user to filter or splice the data with preset filters. In this example for them to view either 2023, 2024, or 2025 data instead of having three different charts taking up a large amount of space. This would also make dashboard more user friendly and convey additional information in a format that will be more impactful.

• In my case, I want the display a filtered report using a date range. If I could filter on a date range, then only the necessary data will appear on the dashboard. This would allow the user to only interact with a Dashboard and not have to get into an underlying sheet. I googled it and there IS something out there but it doesn't appear it is part of smartsheet. Here is the link: https://www.google.com/search?sca_esv=591027850&rlz=1C1GCEB_enUS1084US1084&sxsrf=AM9HkKlXygoF-HE0GEYjEYZ7RRFRivHtGw:1702592633365&q=Can+a+Smartsheet+dashboard+be+interactive%3F&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwivi-_o-4-DAxWSH0QIHTmeADMQzmd6BAgkEAY&biw=1920&bih=919&dpr=1#fpstate=ive&vld=cid:8ce1a899,vid:OY9PhETnShg,st:0

About 2.20 minutes in, you will see what I mean. It sure would be awesome!

• stkatch
    stkatch ✭✭✭✭

This would be huge!

• Richard Rymill SBP
    Richard Rymill SBP ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Dynamic filtering, Slice and Dicing data in Smartsheet Dashboards has been requested by so many of our clients and also in the community, we asked our tech wizards to build that solution. We call it Smarter Dashboards2.0 it was launched this week and is already getting a great reception from our complex users.

There is a 14 day Free trial and the cost starts at £125 per month. Let me know if you would like to try it?

more info here... https://smarterbusinessprocesses.com/smarter-dashboards-3/

Richardr@smarterbusinessprocesses.com

PS We did ask Smartsheet in Seattle in 2023 but it wasn't on the roadmap so we sorted it ourselves!

Richard Rymill

CEO Smarter Businessprocesses.com

• Excel does a great job with this by providing the slicer function with table view connections.

Cheers,

Shawn Cullen, MBA, RMT, PMP, GPHR, PHR, SHRM-SCP, LSSGBC

Director Strategic Initiatives

ADP - NAS Operations PMO

• Please add my vote for Dashboard Slicers.

Workaround:
    1. I created a "picker" sheet for users to change multiple dashboards by changing a single cell on the sheet.
    2. The picker sheet provides cells to identify the "current" and "-1 previous" value.
    3. All sheets need a common identifier, date, class, number?
    4. All sheets need a helper column (DV) to mark the column "YES" when the sheet column matches the picker.
    5. The DV column is used on sheets and reports.
    6. Change the picker value, updates all synced sheets, reports, and dashboards.
    I have three "pickers" that update 26 sheets, reports, and dashboards.

• Koleen Steiner
    Koleen Steiner ✭✭✭✭

We have utilized an embedded Dynamic View into a Dashboard, which provides the filtering of the data within it. Very helpful. Still we prefer to pair with our Power BI reporting for the largest reporting we do (not to generate project dashboards or 1 - offs).

Thanks,

K-

Koleen Steiner

IT PM & Smartsheet Guru, BeiGene, Inc.

• JIDEATTURRA
    JIDEATTURRA ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Slicers will be a game changer for us - dynamic reporting for portfolio level users is a common request we get - typically we have to utilize Power BI or an equivalent to get this, would be excellent if this was in SS!

• CoHiker78
    CoHiker78 ✭✭✭

I'd LOVE to easily be able to filter across all the selected and appropriate Widgets on a Dashboard. I hope that will be an option one day.

The work around I've created is bulky and required about a 60 second refresh to work. Its not ideal.

• Hello, I would like to have Dynamic Filter on Dashboard as standard option in Smartsheet. Have you heard if is this feature in official Smartsheet product roadmap?