Multi Criteria Formula

I need to create a formula that filters rows based on several criteria. The formula should show rows between specific date periods for the ‘Date Created’ and ‘Date Closed’ columns. For example, rows created between 01/01/23 and 02/01/23. Next, the formula should break those rows into counties based on the ‘County if known’ column. For example, rows that have county X, Y, etc. Finally, the formula should list the different status of the row based on the ‘Status’ column. For example, Assigned, Working, etc.

I want the final report to look like this:

I really appreciate assistance.

Tags:

Best Answer

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

I would typically say a new thread would be in order since the original thread is a parsing / structure question and this newest one is syntax on a COUNTIFS, but we can just leave that as "for future reference".

There are a few reasons why that COUNTIFS is not working. First, you need a criteria for that first range (or remove the range entirely). Next, when using dates in a formula, you need to use the DATE function.

DATE(yyyy, mm, dd)

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER

10xViz.com

Answers

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!