Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Filter Cards by Phase/Title of Parent

Options
tknutson
tknutson
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2017 Posts

Is there a way in the Card View to filter and only see cards within a certain phase or cards that have the same 'Title of Parent'? I have a multi-phase project with hundreds of total lines and it would be great to be able to break up the cards to only focus on the current phase of the project. I'm also open to any other ways to accommodate this. Right now, I have Parent rows with the rows below indented to be child rows. Due dates overlap and don't happen exactly one after the other, so Predecessors don't work well for me.

Comments

• Shaine Greenwood
    Options

If you have your phases are labeled somehow, such as containing "Phase 1" in a column, you might try applying a filter that can isolate the phases. Details on applying filters are in the Using Filters help article.

Filters will allow you to show parent rows of filtered results as well, which might help solve both problems.

Otherwise, you might consider labeling your phases somehow to make them easier to filter, for example, by adding a Dropdown List column with different phases in it.

This discussion has been closed.