Best Practice for Capturing Project Info on PM project plan

Options

My team is using the Project Management Office template set. I love the template set but I saw this Project Information section on a different project template and I like the idea. I added it to the Project Plan template in our PMO, but I can't figure out how to use it or if there's a better way to capture this information.

It's at the top of a Gantt/grid sheet for implementation/onboarding projects, but the columns don't provide a text field to enter the info. I've used the comments per row to enter the data but I feel like there's a better way to keep project details at the top of the project plan?

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @PMwithaDream

I hope you're well and safe!

I'd recommend adding another column on the right side of the Task Name. You can call it details to fill in the answers and other details on other rows.

Make sense?

Did that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Have a fantastic week & Happy Holidays!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.