Sign in to submit new ideas and vote
Get Started

cells in colum obligatory.

Options

Hi

it would be usefull in few situations set the filling of a cells in a colums obligatory.

Often collegues forget to compile data I need

Umberto

4 votes

Idea Submitted · Last Updated

Comments

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @UMBERTO BOLDRIN

I hope you're well and safe!

Here's a possible workaround or workarounds

• Combine conditional formatting and formula showing the status. Example. Please fill in the following fields or something similar. You have obligatory fields to fill in left (Marked red).

You could also combine it with an automated Update Request requesting additional missing information.

Make sense?

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Have a fantastic week & Happy Holidays!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• UMBERTO BOLDRIN
    Options

Hi Andrée

I already did, it helps but don't solve the problem

The idea to set an automated update request is too extreme they are receiving a lot of mail from smartsheet in this moment and I don't wont to add more.

Thanks

Umberto  

Andrée

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@UMBERTO BOLDRIN

Excellent!

Happy to help!

Yes, then some other way to force it would be great. Have you explored using the Premium App, Dynamic View?

Is that an option?

Remember! Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up/Awesome or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Brucey
    Brucey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@UMBERTO BOLDRIN

Have you tried making them add data via a form? This way you can set certain fields as *required , the form won't submit until the data is filled.

You could also revoke their editing rights on the actual sheet so that can only do it via form as well.