Cell Linking Iterations

Hello there!

I was wondering if there may be a way to format iterations to cell linking. I have an Intake Sheet, which then goes to multiple sheets. Being the "master" sheet, most of our Leadership will only be looking at this sheet. Is there a way where I can link an approval date, and then run an iteration or function to always link to the same sheet, just one row down?

I am trying to eliminate going into each row on the information sheet and linking it back to the master sheet. Thanks!

Answers

• SoS | Dan Palenchar
    SoS | Dan Palenchar ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hello @Justin1947

It sounds you would like the Last Permit Approval Date column of your Intake Sheet (left sheet of Screenshot) to populate with the value of Last Permit Approval Date in your Other Sheet (name unknown).

This could certainly be done with INDEX(MATCH()) but you will need a unique identifier to use in the formula. This will need to be any value that will always be present and (1) identical in the matching rows across both Sheets and (2) not repeated more than one time in a single sheet.

Put that in place and you can add the formula to your Intake Sheet.

School of Sheets (Smartsheet Partner)

If my answer helped please accept and react w/💡Insightful, ⬆️ Vote Up, ❤️Awesome!

• Hi Dan,

I appreciate the help! That could definitely work! All of these jobs that are listed have an Auto Number that is assigned to each job once it is created. That Auto Number will transcend to all the other pages. Are you saying I can use a mix of those Auto Numbers (Unique ID's) with INDEX(MATCH())? I have never used Index Matching, so any help you may be able to provide will help substantially. Thanks so much!

Best,

Justin

• Hello,

I figured this out, thanks for the guidance!!!