Project Collaborators Schedule Report

Options
mpiza
mpiza ✭✭✭
edited 04/12/24 in Smartsheet Basics

Hello everyone,

I hope you're doing well. I'm new to SmartSheet and currently working on my initial projects and automations. I have a project group and would like to create a report in the project management office that allows me to identify all the collaborators involved in each project and in which months they will be engaged in each one, similar to a Gantt chart. This report should display collaborators, projects, start and end dates. The ultimate goal is to be able to see the work windows of each collaborator for the inclusion of new projects in their schedule. I haven't found a ready-made template for this, and I'm struggling to combine all the summarized reports with the necessary information to generate a practical visualization, such as a Gantt chart. Does anyone have a suggestion on how I could develop this? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Answers

• James Keuning
    James Keuning ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I think this will be a challenge for you, and may not be possible with native Smartsheet capabilities.

The problem is that one person may have one start and stop period, and another person might have several, like ten or more, and some of those might overlap.

But let's say no one has more than ten tasks. You could create a sheet that has ten rows for each person, and then using the SMALL formula, you could retrieve each person's tasks, in date order, along with the start and end for each task. Someone with two tasks will show those two tasks and eight blank lines.

But I think you might want to look at Resource Management, which is a premium app.

• mpiza
    mpiza ✭✭✭
    Options

Thank you very much for the response, @James Keuning

It helped me a lot.