Changing Schedule Dates in a Report

I have a schedule that has predecessors turned on and I have a report on the current tasks that are in progress (0 < % complete < 100). I want to use that report to modify the start and finish dates to reflect what actually happened, but the fx formula symbol shows and I'm unable to modify the dates.

Answers

• AravindGP
    AravindGP ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Ariane

It is a Smartsheet default feature where if you've predecessors enabled and the date columns that you're trying to modify are added as start and end dates in project settings, it doesn't allow you to make a change from the report. The only way for an update will be from the sheet. Alternatively, you can add additional columns for actual start and actual end dates which can be added to the report to be editable. You can then see your planned dates vs actual dates.

Thanks,

Aravind GP| Principal Consultant

Atturra Data & Integration

M: +61493337445

E:Aravind.GP@atturra.com

W: www.atturra.com

• Ariane
    Ariane ✭✭

Aravind,

Thanks for the response. That's really unfortunate :( I already have baseline start and finish dates in my schedule to look at planned vs actuals. Additionally, if I put new columns in for actuals when I update them they wouldn't change the start and finish dates that are successors from those tasks. I don't know how I'd get the actuals to them update the overall project schedule. It looks like I can modify durations in reports so that's one way I can bring in the finish date, but it won't let me adjust the start date. I'll have to do that from the schedule sheet I guess.

• Angie Hatfield
    Angie Hatfield ✭✭✭✭

I am looking at this same thing. Our PMs use a report for daily check ins to be more efficient. Not being able to update the end date impacts that efficiency we need.