Employee Product Purchase Program

Hello!

Currently we are tracking leftover furniture product for sale to employees using a basic smartsheet. We want to be able to allow all employees to view product details and photos of the product for sale AND be able to request the items they want to purchase (first come, first serve).

My first thought is to use dynamic view to allow employees to select what they want. Is this the best tool for what we are trying to do? Also we may have a line item with 6 chairs available, how can we manage first come, first serve on one line? Should each item have its own line?

Thanks!

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 01/12/24

Hi @ddow

I hope you're well and safe!

Here's one approach.

I'd recommend having a sheet with all items and one per row with a unique ID. Then, add a second sheet with a form where they can select the item they are interested in (they could also have a link on each row on the main sheet so it can be pre-filled). You would then have a report or/and formula (to collect to the main sheet) to show who requested what and what date/time to ensure the correct person gets selected.

I would have a dashboard showing the remaining items in a report on one side and the form on the other.

You could also add workflows to inform all parties and details about who won.

Make sense?

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Have a fantastic weekend & Happy New Year!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• ddow
    ddow ✭✭

Thank you Andree,

It makes sense... The only issue with the form is we cannot add photos which is probably the biggest driver here. I guess we could have the form on the dashboard next to a remaining available items with photos... Could work. Any other ideas?