Why would a sheet just disappear?

BRB Linda
BRB Linda ✭✭
edited 01/15/24 in Smartsheet Basics

I have been using a sheet since 2016, why would it just disappear? Is there any way to recover it?

Answers

• Lucas Rayala
    Lucas Rayala ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@BRB Linda did you own it or someone else? If someone else owned it, they may have removed your permissions. It may have been moved to a different folder. It may of course have been deleted. If it’s yours then check your deleted items folder. And it may have a new name. If you’ve ever linked to it with a cross sheet formula, go to the cross sheet reference and try editing it—that should bring you to it and you’ll be able to see where it’s located and named.

• I am the only one with access to this sheet. I am the admin. I don't see a deleted items folder, can you tell me where that is?

I have nothing linked to it, but it did have attachments.

1. If you are at max sheets (I don't think I am), would it delete a sheet when you try to add a new one? I don't think this is the case, I think it just won't create a new one, but I would like confirmation on that.
    2. Can two sheets be accidentally merged? I tried searching for that and even tried it with a couple of older sheets, but I don't think that is possible either.

Thanks for your help, this is concerning to me and has me confused. I don't have a use for a lot of the options that SmartSheet has available, but I have been using SmartSheet for about 8 years.

• Zachary Hall
    Zachary Hall ✭✭✭✭✭✭

The Deleted Items is in the browse window at the bottom:

Best,

Zach Hall

Training Delivery Manager / Charter Communications