Assistance Needed with Document Builder Mapping

Options
AAL
AAL ✭✭✭✭
edited 01/19/24 in Add Ons and Integrations

Hi Smartsheet Help Team,

I hope this message finds you well. I am currently working on generating a document using the Document Builder in Smartsheet, and I'm facing some challenges with the mapping.

I have created a form in Smartsheet that collects information for three different projects, and I use a dropdown menu for project names. When I select a project name (e.g., "Scholarship Centralization"), the form displays specific fields for that project.

My goal is to generate a document (portfolio) that lists all three projects (Project 1, Project 2, and Project 3) with their corresponding overall status and highlights. However, I've encountered an issue with the mapping, resulting in unexpected outcomes in the generated PDF.

The above is mapping.

The result comes out like this.

I am seeking your guidance on how to rectify this issue and ensure that all three projects are listed in the document, each with its respective status and highlights correctly displayed. Now the project name only showed one of the projects in all three lines. Plus in the status highlights column, the text box doesn't show all the contents.

Your assistance in resolving this matter would be greatly appreciated. If you have any insights or recommendations on adjusting the mapping or settings to achieve the desired outcome, please let me know.

Thank you for your time and support.

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @AAL

I hope you're well and safe!

You would need to either join the cells together and reference them in Document Builder or have each row referenced on the main row because Document Builder can only include information from one row.

The third option would be to use a so-called helper sheet to collect the data and create the document from it.

Make sense?

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• AAL
    AAL ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi Andree,

Thanks for your response. Can you tell me more about the 3rd option? Also, in the status highlights column, the text box doesn't show all the contents. The content didn't go to the next line. Why is that?