Sign in to submit new ideas and vote
Get Started

Converting Forms to PDF and saving as attachments to Row lines

Options

I posed this question in the community and was advise to suggest it as a product idea.

I created a form request and am wondering if the actual form can be saved and attached to Smartsheet row?

Is this something Smartsheet might consider being developed? It could be helpful to user to see the initial completed request form and not just the Smartsheet view.

Thanks

Kelly Dawson

3 votes

Idea Submitted · Last Updated

Comments

• spauliszyn
    spauliszyn ✭✭✭
    Options

It's a good way to have a proof of the exact submission. The person submitting the form could optionally also get a record of the submission with the PDF.

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @Kelly Dawson @spauliszyn

I hope you're well and safe!

Here's a possible workaround or workarounds

• Have you explored using the Document Builder feature?

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Kelly Dawson
    Kelly Dawson ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Andrée Starå

I didn't think of using the document builder at the start like that, I will see if my team definitely wants it.

I do have an additional question on the final form after all approvals are received, I have a couple of contact cells, when I map them to the document in the builder I am getting the email address and not the person name. Is there a way to get the name on the form or should I just create a text column for that?