Forms: add multiple orders in #1 form but allocate to 1 row

Hello

I have created an order form with an approval process to order work uniform, designed for employees to complete when they require certain garments. The form is set up to allow 1 item to be ordered. How would i set this order form up so our staff can order multiple items in 1 form and all ordered items appear in 1 row?

I would like the manager to receive 1 email with multiple clothing items for their approval

Thanks very much

Answers

• John_Foster
    John_Foster ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Laura G,

The only way I could see this working is if each of the different garments were in a a separate column with columns potentially for the quantity and size of the garment as well as any additional columns if there for example colour options

John.

• Laura G
    Laura G ✭✭✭✭

Hi John

Thank you for responding. Instead of it appearing in 1 row, would you know how i set up the order forms so staff could order multiple items?

Kind regards

• Monique Odom-Stearn
    Monique Odom-Stearn ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hello @Laura G,

A form within Smartsheet is essentially a more customizable, user-friendly way of adding a new row on a sheet. One form = one new row in a sheet. If you'd like multiple rows, you will need one form for each item being ordered. If you'd like multiple items to show on the same row and same form, you could take John's suggestion: Create a separate column for each item size, color, etc. and have them all on one form.

If my comment helped you, please help others by marking it as an accepted answer and consider helping me by clicking the 💡Insightful or ❤️Awesome buttons below!

Monique Odom-Stearn

Business Process Excellence Manager

Smartsheet Leader & Community Champion

Pronouns: She/Her (What’s this?)

“Take chances, make mistakes, get messy!” – Ms. Frizzle

• Laura G
    Laura G ✭✭✭✭

Great thanks for confirming @Monique_Odom_Comcast . I created separate columns as described above. For the approval process i am trying to create it, i then need to show all the fields on the approval email as each order will be different so the approval email looks a little messy.

As i type this im thinking, i could have an approval workflow for each product type as the condition so it only shows the required fields on the approval email?

Do you know once a row has been approved through a workflow, on the notification email is the approval status hardcoded to show yellow? Is there a way to change this colour?

Cheers, LG

• Hi @Laura G

I agree that you could use multiple workflows on your sheet that look at the Product Type to determine what fields to show / approve.

There currently isn't a way to customize approval email formatting or notifications - please feel free to add your vote to this Product Idea: Formatting emails using automation

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now