Get Started

Multi-factor Authentication

Options
2»

Comments

• Kelly Ospina
    Kelly Ospina âś­âś­âś­âś­âś­
    Options

I also vote for multi-factor authentication. This is a requirement for other software we use, and it's concerning that we don't have this option with Smartsheet. I encourage the development team to move this to a high level of priority.

• Oliver808
    Oliver808 âś­âś­
    Options

1st party MFA please! This really is a basic security feature in today's market.

• Allan Avigdor1
    Allan Avigdor1 âś­âś­
    Options

It's truly disappointing that a "business" package doesn't offer MFA support as we approach 2024! I can't help but think that this is an explicit strategy to drive customers to the "enterprise" plan. As a CISSP responsible for data security, I can't sign off on storing anything of importance without MFA these days... Hopefully smartsheet decision-makers are listening!

• Intercept
    Intercept âś­âś­
    Options

I agree, thanks

• Neil PGR
    Neil PGR âś­âś­
    edited 01/24/24
    Options

Provide businesses the ability to enforce MFA/2fa on all accounts, regardless of subscription level.

It's insane that Smartsheet hides stronger security (SSO) behind an exhorbitant paywall, and even more insane that basic smartsheet-provided 2fa/mfa is not a even an option. Having 2fa/mfa is an industry-standard (and almost always free) security feature.

You offer this product to small and medium businesses, which are historically the most likely to suffer financial ruin from a security breach. Don't be greedy. Be on the side of your customers and please modernize your platform's security.

• blockskyerudy
    Options

I can't believe this doesn't have MFA already

• Stefan
    Stefan âś­âś­âś­âś­âś­âś­
    Options

Great we got MFA (alongside other security features) in January :-)

Now please let also Business plans have MFA!

Smartsheet Consulting, Solution Building, Training and Support.

Projects for Processes and for People.

• Jeremy Ricci
    Jeremy Ricci âś­
    edited 03/15/24
    Options

When will Smartsheet stop the ridiculous practice of preventing SSO to business tier accounts?

Smartsheet lacks MFA and it seems to be to be pure greed that prevents them from enabling this "table stakes" feature. SSO costs them nothing and reduces their risk!!!

I know my organization is currently debating whether to keep Smartsheet at all because of this practice and the apparent lack of focus on overall security. My org does not need Enterprise, the business plan is more than adequate for our needs, yet Smartsheet remains unwavering in their stance.

Perhaps when they're notified that we are not renewing, they'll knock it off and do the right thing for their customers. I don't hold out much hope though.

Shame on Smartsheet..... I'm so done with them

• Paula D
    Paula D âś­âś­âś­
    Options

I got an email last Monday 3/15 that by the end of April they will have instituted email-based TOTP authentication. I have their business plan, but my hope is that this is for all versions. And that sometime after June 1, they will be retiring the traditional password-based login method.