'Send from Triggering User' sending from Sheet Owner instead of 'Triggering User'

We have a feature request form that anyone in the organisation can populate. The Sheet is shared to a number of admins that work on tickets and send out communications on updates.

Automation is setup so that when the 'comments' column is updated, the person who wrote the ticket and the admins are updated via email using 'Send from Triggering User'

This works *some* of the time, other times the triggering user is defined as the Sheet owner (Me) instead of the admin that updated the comment cell

Answers

• Lucas Rayala
    Lucas Rayala ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Andy D it’s not a great answer, but yeah, I’ve found the same issue.

• Martin_M
    Martin_M ✭✭✭✭

I found out, what the culprit is - hopefully this will help, should you still experience the issue:

If the person, that's filling out the form, does not have their name entered in their Profile Settings, then Smartsheet (as hard as it may try) is not able to determine the triggering user.

Everybody, that either is filling out smartsheet forms already or potentially will fill one out in the future will have to have their name entered in the Personal Settings.
    Only then Smartsheet is able to determine the name of the triggering user.
    My guess is, that the person also would need to be registered and have a valid email address entered for any automation to properly function.