Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Adding 30 or 60 days to a date based on another Cell Value

Luke Rowan
Luke Rowan ✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2017 Posts

Greetings,

I am trying to calculate either 30, or 60 days from a date, depending on the value of another cell.  Example:

Cell 1:  Date

Cell 2:  $ Value of less than 50k or $ Value of $50k and up

Cell 3:  Date plus 30 or 60 days, depending on the value of Cell 2.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Comments

• Mike Wilday
    Mike Wilday ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Try this formula. 

=IF(ISBLANK(Value1), "Please Enter Value", IF(ISBLANK(Date1),"Please Enter Date",IF(Value1>= 50000, Date1 + 60, IF(Value1< 50000, Date1 + 30

• If your column names contain spaces use brackets like this... IF(ISblank([Value Name]1), 
    • These are based on row 1 - adjust the number to adjust which row you are pulling from. 
    • I left off the closing brackets as Smartsheets will close them all for you. 
  • I made an attempt, but it's coming back unparseable.  I've included a screenshot, but here is the string I used.

=IF(ISBLANK([Project Value $]1), "Please Enter Value", IF(ISBLANK([Commissioning Date]1),"Please Enter Date",IF([Project Value $]1>= 50000, [Commissioning Date]1 + 60, IF([Project Value]1< 50000, [Commissioning Date]1 + 30)

Thanks for your help by the way!

SmartSheet Clip.png

• Mike Wilday
    Mike Wilday ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Delete the closing parenthesis... Let Smartsheets close them all for you and see what that does. That should do the trick...

If that doesn't work, make sure there are 4 closing parenthesis at the end. )))) 

• J. Craig Williams
    J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭

You can also get by without the 4th IF

=IF(ISBLANK(Value1), "Please Enter Value", IF(ISBLANK(Date1),"Please Enter Date",IF(Value1>= 50000, Date1 + 60, Date1 + 30)))

Craig

This discussion has been closed.