Get Started

Conditional Formatting on sheet level & row

Options
2»

Comments

• KMeyer
    KMeyer ✭✭✭
    Options

I agree with all the comments that point to the need for a better and more scalable approach to this.

• Evan I
    Evan I ✭✭
    edited 08/23/23
    Options

Allow conditional formatting to work like it does in excel where i can just select the columns/rows that I want to apply conditional formatting for and then set up the rules. The current method of setting it up by column is very challenging for large sheets with multiple columns and different conditional formatting.

Additionally, allow the conditional formatting from Excel to be imported in to SmartSheet.

• Kevin Harrison
    Options

I would very much like to see this much requested feature implemented too.

Here I am this evening creating a Training Matrix for 18 staff with 18 columns (staff names) with 120 Training aspects on the rows and 4 levels of competency for each cell

So at the moment, instead of 4 rules to give a cell value or 1,2,3 or 4 a different colour I will be faced with 18 x 4 rules = 72 rules - which I don't think I can face doing!

I'd like to see Conditional Formatting being much more flexible please

Thank you

• IrisT
    IrisT ✭✭
    edited 11/02/23
    Options

I'd like to boost this post as I'm currently facing a 35x35 dependency grid formatting exercise with each 3 different formats. I was hoping to find a simple solution here but unfortunately I found this post :) ... so I might continue to test my sanity in building the column formats knowing that I'm not alone! If there is a a better way to push this into the development queue please let me know. Thanks, Iris

• Ray Lindstrom
    Ray Lindstrom ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Everybody who reads this thread and agrees on needing this functionality should go to the original post in the thread and up-vote it. The more votes it gets, the more weight it's given when the Smartsheet development planning occurs.

• Caz Taylor
    Options

Please can we have a way to apply formatting to multiple columns at the same time (or more quickly and easier than having to do each one individually when it is the same rule being applied).

• David Dolch
    David Dolch ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I would like to bump this requests as well.

I have sheets where I have a need to highlight the entire column based on the value in each row. In specific, we have Week Ending columns, with the week ending date in Row 1.

I want to highlight an entire column when the value in Row 1 matches the current week ending.

This has come up multiple times, and I can never find a solution other than to tell my users "Smartsheet cannot do that".

While we are on the subject of row and columns not having the same treatment. Why can we freeze columns, but cannot freeze rows. Again my solution is to say "Smartsheet cannot do that"

• Imran Akhthar
    Options

Dear Smartsheet team,

We have been waiting for this basic feature available in other tools (creating conditional formatting) for a series of Columns.

This idea was provided in the year 2021, we are now in 2024, yet we don't see this feature. We can see Smartsheet as a powerful tool, if we can fill this gap/feature.

Please can I get a response to this Idea

• Erik Jensen
    Erik Jensen ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Just making a note here to wish and pray that this gets implemented asap. Cloning and making dozens of conditional formatting rules for every column is KILLING ME. Thanks!