Total of Certain Value Across Multiple Sheets

Hello! Hoping someone here can help. I have 6 sheets that are identical in setup and parent rows (inventory for each vendor - Child rows are only varience being actual inventory). I'm needing a summary sheet that totals the quantity across each of the 6 vendor sheets. I've tried a variety of index/match/vlookup/countifs/sumifs but I can't seem to figure it out.

Tags:

Answers

• Debbie Sawyer
    Debbie Sawyer ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@tdemos

Have you tried a grouping and summaries report?

If you go to Create --> Report --> Row Report

Add the sheets to the source. (if you select workspace level then all new sheets will add automatically too)

Set the filters as required to only find the rows you need in each report

Add Group by - select the column (Primary Column where the Parent values are stored?)

Then select Summaries and choose the value you wish to total with the SUM function.

Then when you run your report, it will show the parent name with the Total sum across all sheets, and when you expand your group, it will show all the entries from each sheet, so you can see how your total has been worked out.

You can then use this report for a Chart Widget in a Dashboard (and bonus is, as you add more sheets, this report can capture that automatically)

If you want to have a quick zoom so that I walk you through this, then please reach out. My email is in my Profile data.

Kind regards

Debbie

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!