Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Auto Formatting with New Row Entry (via Webform)

Options
BrentB
BrentB
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2017 Posts

Scenerio:

Row 1 and Row 2 have a Blue Background for all 6 Columns.

I created a webform to add above these 2 rows for all 6 columns.

When I submit the webform, the added row does not receive the lower background on it.

This use to work, and now for some reason it is not.

Let me know if anyone has any fix, thanks!

Comments

• Shaine Greenwood
    Options

Hi Brent,

A few reasons that the auto-fill formatting won't apply formatting to a new row:

• Both rows below have to have the same exact formatting. If one cell in one of the rows has a different font, background color, or the font is a different color, formatting won't auto-fill.
    • All rows have to be within the same hierarchy. If the new row you're adding is above two parent rows that are in separate hierarchies, new rows won't inherit the formatting. (See my screenshot for an example of this.)
    • Data needs to be in the row. You're submitting data with a form, so this is not likely the case. Forms require at least one field to be filled out before they can be submitted.

If the above doesn't help you narrow down what's causing the formatting to not auto-fill, reach out to our Support team to troubleshoot further.

Screen Shot 2017-07-25 at 1.45.07 PM.png

This discussion has been closed.