Sign in to submit new ideas and vote
Get Started

Listing "single" new request received at Email Notification

Options

When receiving an email alert for a new request received at an intake sheet, if more than 1 request came into the tracker during a specific time frame (say within 2 minutes of each other), we don't want the email notification to "combine" the information from those tickets into the one email. We want each to include just the details from the one ticket request it pertains to. This way the sheet owner can forward the email with the details for one specific ticket to the requestor to let them know status, vs. having to strip out details from other tickets contained in the same email alert. Can this be an enhancement request?

Tags:
5 votes

Idea Submitted · Last Updated

Comments

• Stephanie Graham
    Stephanie Graham ✭✭✭✭
    Options

This would be a huge help when we have multiple people working out of an inbox and we want to tag emails for people separately for processing. Now we have to separate the info with a note for individuals to manage parts of the email.

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @Erica L. @Stephanie Graham

I hope you're well and safe!

If you add a Placeholder field, it will be triggered in separate messages as long as no more than seven rows were triggered.

If six or fewer rows are triggered simultaneously, placeholders with Alert or Update Request actions in change-based workflows will generate separate notifications. The custom subject and body will be removed if seven or more rows are triggered at once.

Make sense?

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Erica L.
    Erica L. ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hell @Andrée Starå

Thank you for your feedback. I shared the issue a few times with my TAM, technical account manager and he said this was the expected experience. To have the tickets merge into one email when they come in close enough to each other. Wasn't always the case I thought however. We are already using placeholders in the message of the email sent. See attached screenshot. Is this what you're referring to? Doesn't seem to help as the message will just include 1 or more tickets in the same email.

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Erica L.

Happy to help!

Strange!

If there are fewer than six, it should be separate. Can you share a screenshot of the Workflow?

Remember! Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up/Awesome or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Erica L.
    Erica L. ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Andrée Starå: Sure, let me know if this helps: