Can I create a User Acceptance Testing Form based on a sheet?

Options
Deanna C
Deanna C
edited 02/09/24 in Smartsheet Basics

I'm looking to create a UAT form for several departments with the same requirements. I have pre-populated fields that I need them to see and comment/respond to.

All "Informative Only" fields are locked on the sheet.

My sheet headings are:

Primary: (Sub Sections of Primary Sections_ Example: XXX Account Settings, then there are several questions with that primary under it)

Options - Informative Only - Should not be able to be edited by submitter

Definition - Informative Only - Should not be able to be edited by submitter

Status - Informative Only - Should not be able to be edited by submitter

Duration - Informative Only - Should not be able to be edited by submitter

Answer: Yes/No drop down to be completed by submitter

Comments from PM: Informative Only - Should not be able to be edited by submitter

Do you want to make changes? Yes/No drop down to be completed by submitter

Change requested: To be completed by submitter

Accepted By If No Changes: (This is a pull down in the sheet of the authorized stakeholders to make the decision)

Is there a way to do this via a form? if not, what is the best way to accomplish this?

Also, the submitters do not have licensed SS access & do they have to "sign up" for a free account to access this?

My sheet sharing is stating that I can only share to those who have a login. I DON'T want that.

Thanks for your help!

Answers

• KPH
    KPH ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @Deanna C

Forms can be used to add new rows to a sheet. Users do not need to log in to complete them.

However, if you want to display information that is already in the sheet and have the submitter update that information, you cannot do that with a form. Your best option would be to use an Update Request automation.

Take a look at this:

If you lock the columns in your sheet that "Should not be able to be edited by submitter" (right-click the column heading and select "Lock Column") only the sheet Owner or Admin will be able to edit those, and not the update submitters.

I hope this helps.