Document Generator

Vanessa5
Vanessa5 ✭✭✭
edited 02/12/24 in Smartsheet Basics

How do you map the column in the document builder in Smartsheet where the column is a multi select drop-down. I have a pdf document that has a checklist with two options (Satisfactory and Needs Attention) and it will be checked based on the selected dropdown. I am hoping there is a way around having to create a separate column for each dropdown as I have also created a form for the field to fill out that I would like to keep as basic as possible.

Best Answer

• Courtney S.
    Courtney S. ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

I'm not sure how to help you map the multi-select field directly to the PDF, but an idea I have to get around it: use some extra columns that are only in the Sheet, not the Form. Make a column called "Satisfactory" and one called "Needs Attention" and then use formulas or automations to answer those sheet columns when the form field was answered with the relevant answer. Then map those extra columns to the PDF.

Answers

• Courtney S.
    Courtney S. ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

I'm not sure how to help you map the multi-select field directly to the PDF, but an idea I have to get around it: use some extra columns that are only in the Sheet, not the Form. Make a column called "Satisfactory" and one called "Needs Attention" and then use formulas or automations to answer those sheet columns when the form field was answered with the relevant answer. Then map those extra columns to the PDF.

• Vanessa5
    Vanessa5 ✭✭✭

This was extremely helpful. I was able to accomplish what I was working on. Thank you!! :)