Large Data Set Solution

Options

Hello,

I have created a table to view weekly data displaying how many cases are worked vs hours worked. This table is using several SUMIFS fuctions to pull from 3 separate source sheets.

My issue is these source sheets are updated every 2 weeks with roughly 2,500 rows each. So far, I have only done weeks 3-6, skipping the first 2 weeks this year, and my largest sheet is at 8048 rows. With the 10,000 row limit in two weeks I will likely exceed the limit. I need all weeks to be accessible for all 52 weeks of the year. I thought to use DataTable but I can't link to it with SUMIFS and to create individual sheets for each week is combersome and not ideal. I also want to utilize DataShuttle to help pull the data in automatically.

END GOAL: To be able to have this whole report run automatically without losing data from the previous weeks in the process

FOR BONUS POINTS: Any idea how to have DataShuttle look at different tabs in an Excel file? It seems to default to the first tab, do I need to create three separate files?

Best Answer

• SmartWay360
    SmartWay360 ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi,

As I understand you are using the SmartSheet sheets as source data. You only one it all in one place so you can work with it. My suggestion is to use Report where you will collate all the data and you can work with it without any limitations.

If you need any calculations done above the data you can create "helper" column in each sheet and then you'll use Group and Summarize feature of the report to get the data you need.

Will this work for you?

Best,

Beata

Answers

• Dakota Haeffner
    Dakota Haeffner ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I'm thinking maybe there is a way to snapshot all the data auatomatically each move so that it can clear the source sheets and only import the new data maybe? Is this do-able?

• SmartWay360
    SmartWay360 ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi,

As I understand you are using the SmartSheet sheets as source data. You only one it all in one place so you can work with it. My suggestion is to use Report where you will collate all the data and you can work with it without any limitations.

If you need any calculations done above the data you can create "helper" column in each sheet and then you'll use Group and Summarize feature of the report to get the data you need.

Will this work for you?

Best,

Beata

• Dakota Haeffner
    Dakota Haeffner ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@SmartWay360

I'm using reports but the issue is the complexity of the data in the Activity report I've made and the large sums of incoming data bi-weekly.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!