Is it possible to filter out submissions from a form based on if the email field?

Options

Hello,

I am learning smartsheets and am unable to find a way to do this.

We have a form for one of our sheets so people can submit requests to my team. However, we want the requests to only come from our organization. The form obviously has an option to only allow submissions if they have a smartsheets login but that doesn't mean that the requestor is from our organization.

Is there a way to create a workflow that looks a new field on the form called "Submitter Email Address" (for example) and if the address doesn't end in @companyname.com, then it either doesn't post the request to our sheet or posts it somewhere else and sends them an email that says something like "Only internal people can submit using this form".

Is this kind of workflow possible? I'm not sure if this is possible or not. I've been poking around and haven't been able to find a way to complete this. Any help would be appreciated!

Answers

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @Kholt,

Try to activate the following setting in your form settings

and add in your sheet the following column type "Created By"

PMP Certified

bassam.khalil2009@gmail.com

☑️ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer), and I will be grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful"

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!