New joiner - Admin collaborators do not see created Filter CHOICES for a shared Sheet

Options

Hi everyone, my colleagues and I are new joiners to smart sheet, we all have pro plan licenses, but when I share a sheet with them with Admin access for each and every one of them they still don't see the Filter CHOICES I added in the Task Bar (to the right of the dropdown for changing the view), any idea why that is? I also don't get why a) I cannot form a group of my collaborator contacts (Group button missing from my account right-click, where it is supposed to be according to the help article), and why my licensed collaborators do not have access to anything I own even without me sharing it. Anybody who can help, my contact is ooo till next Wednesday and I will be off until April from Monday, so I need to get this to work for my colleagues, who I shared the particular sheet with already (Admin access for each of them, as I said). Thanks in advance!

Best Answer

• Matt Johnson
    Matt Johnson ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

It turns out only Business and Enterprise level users can Share Filters. Fear not though, you can achieve similar results with reports.

Also, on the Group Management permissions. Limit the amount of users with access to set those up and try to adhere to some kind of naming convention. Groups are great but they can get out of control if you let it.

Good luck out there, you got this. And if you want to accelerate your experience, consider connecting with a Smartsheet Aligned Partner.

Matt Johnson

Sevan Technology

Smartsheet Aligned Partner

Answers

• Matt Johnson
    Matt Johnson ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @CLeixnering

Welcome to Smartsheet! For the filter choices, there is a "share filter" check box within the filter setup window. Make sure that is checked so others can see the filter too.

To create Groups you have to have "Group Management" enabled by you company's Smartsheet System Admin. It's a quick flip of the switch.

For the "...and why my licensed collaborators do not have access to anything I own even without me sharing it." Is there a typo there or am I reading this wrong. If you don't share something, no one will have access to it. Nothing is shared automatically.

Lastly, learn to use reports as quickly as possible. They are so great in Smartsheet and allow each user to have his or her own view of a sheet, so to speak.

Have a great day! Matt

Matt Johnson

Sevan Technology

• CLeixnering
    Options

Thanks a lot, @Matt Johnson, Much appreciated!

The issue is that I do not have a "share filter" check box within the filter setup window (I saw that in the help articles I found too), neither within the filter setup window per column nor in the filter setup window within the task bar, neither when I set up a new filter nor when I work on an existing filter, any ideas? Might be a DAU question though... :

Thanks also for the most valuable Group Management tip, will ask them to switch on for me!

About sharing: got it now!

Thanks again, most appreciated!

• Matt Johnson
    Matt Johnson ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

It turns out only Business and Enterprise level users can Share Filters. Fear not though, you can achieve similar results with reports.

Also, on the Group Management permissions. Limit the amount of users with access to set those up and try to adhere to some kind of naming convention. Groups are great but they can get out of control if you let it.

Good luck out there, you got this. And if you want to accelerate your experience, consider connecting with a Smartsheet Aligned Partner.

Matt Johnson

Sevan Technology

• CLeixnering
    Options

Thanks again, @Matt Johnson, Much appreciated!

Will turn to reports then and also follow your advice on Groups, as well as reach out for acceleration if and when needed and granted by our company!

Have a great weekend!