Does anyone have a template for a document repository sheet?

I want to create a new sheet that can be used to list all of the latest versions of the project documents and other useful information that all my project stakeholders can easily view and access. I can then add the document as an attachment to the relevant row in the. So the column headers could be 1) Document Type 2) Document Title 3) Version. The there are multiple sections/row for each area like Project Management Docs, Training Docs, Technical Docs etc etc Maybe more columns but then i could list the Project Plan as the first item in a new row and attach the plan to that line. Then the next row could be Change log and so on...... I do not like the other way of simply uploading documents as they look unorganised and hard to scroll through so many unless you do something like the above. Any help with a template that looks really smart and professional would be greatly appreciated.

Answers

• MariaCurtis
    MariaCurtis ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi! Could you not come up with a specific naming convention per file type and then use the attachment feature per project? So maybe for a project charter, the naming convention = Project Charter_[Project Name].

For example, below is a screenshot of the actual sheet we use to track our entire project portfolio. We collect updates from project managers every other week using the automation + attachments. If we ever wanted to see previous submissions, we can. I like this because everything is right there within the project. We don't currently collect other project documents this way, but we could!

I hope this helps, but let me know if I misunderstood what you meant, and I'd be happy to continue brainstorming this with you.

• Hi Maria

This is on the right lines yes.

I am basically creating a new sheet and every row will store either a document, plan, report, minutes etc using the attachment feature.

Definitely would love to do some more brainstorming.

I am very new to Smartsheet but so far it’s everything I have wanted as a shared project workspace but just can’t get this but nailed!

Maybe a Teams call sometime?

Thanks