How to give access to specific people ONLY to specific columns of a master sheet?

Options
moraki
moraki ✭✭
edited 02/28/24 in Smartsheet Basics

Dear Smartsheet team,

I would like your input on the following topic:

We have created a Workspace for one of our customers, that contains a master sheet that stores Tactics, with various different columns.

We have a request from our customer, to add 4 more columns to this master sheet, related to the Tactics, and give access to these columns ONLY to a specific list of people.

These people, at the same time, should NOT have access to the rest of the Workspace and the other columns, but ONLY to the new columns that will be created.

Do you have any idea to assist us with this request, and suggest possible implementation option(s)?

Thank you in advance!

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @moraki

I hope you're well and safe!

You would need to use one of these options.

• Premium App, Dynamic View
    • Premium App, WorkApps
    • I recently developed a (what I call), Dynamic View Light. It's quite advanced, but in short, it's using cross-sheet formulas and INDEX/MATCH and a specific structure and method so it's only possible to show data that should be available.

Would any of those options work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.