How to only send 1 email if there are multiple lines in automation?

Options

Hello! I am having an issue with automation emails.

I have automation set up that will email a contact in a cell whenever a box is checked. The box is also automated, and is driven by customer-material# combination from a form that internal users can submit. There are instances where we may have multiple orders for a single customer-material#. When the box is checked, it checks the box on multiple lines, which sends multiple emails to the contact.

Is there a way to only send 1 email, even if there are multiple lines where the box is checked?

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @NicholasB

I hope you're well and safe!

You might be able to add Placeholders.

Placeholders will generate separate notifications when using placeholders with Alert or Update Request actions in change-based workflows if six or fewer rows are triggered simultaneously. If seven or more rows are triggered at once, the custom subject and body will be removed.

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• NicholasB
    Options

Hi Andree,

I'm not sure I understand. What do you mean by Placeholders?

I just need a solution where if there are multiple lines checked at the same exact time, that it will only send one email notification instead of a email notification for each of the lines that were checked. For context, each of the lines will be exactly the same. There may just be multiple of them. Does that help?

Thanks!