Automation creates duplicate row instead of updating it

Options

Hi All,

I was trying to set the following flow and it doesn't seem to be working

1. Master Sheet - copy row to Project Plan (several conditions) = working fine
  2. Master Sheet edit row - edit a relevant copied row in Project plan =/ not working, creates a duplicate row with updated info --- is there any way around this? feeding report instead of sheet is not an option, as I need additional columns in Project Plan that I don't have in Master Sheet
  3. Can you edit Project Plan row that was copied from Master Sheet, and have Master Sheet update itself? To make it work both ways?

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @keysaab

I hope you're well and safe!

Not sure I follow!

Can you elaborate and share some screenshots? (Delete/replace any confidential/sensitive information before sharing) That would make it easier to help.

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• keysaab
    Options

@Andrée Starå sure, see below. this is a very simplified version of my automation but in general, it is all I need. So, this works and I see my rows in Sheet2. However, if I edit row in Sheet1, automation creates duplicate row in Sheet2, instead of just updating existing respective row. Is there a way to amend it? That is my first problem.

My second problem. I would like to edit rows in Sheet2 and have automated update of respective row in Sheet1. Like it is possible with Sheet+Report relationship. Can this be done with two sheets?

Thanks a lot!