March Question of the Month - Join the conversation and receive a badge

Options

Comments

• Rowena
    Rowena ✭✭✭
    Options

“One Friend” by Dan Seals—a poignant melody that echoes memories of cherished bonds and unwavering support. 🎶

In the gentle cadence of this song, I find a reflection of my grandpa’s unwavering presence.

• AClifford
    AClifford ✭✭✭
    edited 03/05/24
    Options

I'm a 90's kid so I have plenty of pump up songs but I would have to say that 🎶 Don't Tell'Em by Jeremiah has to be a FAVE go to~! It just makes me sing, move and smile!! I picture myself in my old cavalier convertible, wind in my hair and not a true care in the world!

🎵 https://youtu.be/cFFnAdmKOdc?si=yOuMT08Yh9sGHCJ9

• TroyDunn
    TroyDunn ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Gotta be "Motivate" by NF. The title says it all but it's a very upbeat, in your face kind of song. You can't help but want to work harder at whatever you are doing. It's also great for exercising.

• joelsmit94161
    joelsmit94161 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Ooh Child by the Five Stair Steps. I recently finished a 2 year battle with Cancer, and the song was a great pick me up when I was feeling low. Even now, its a great pick me up, with the lingering effects of the cancer medications

• kfarrell
    kfarrell ✭✭✭
    Options

Oh man, this is such a tricky question to answer! It absolutely depends on what I'm trying to motivate myself to do.

For tasks like cleaning / dishes / painting wall? I favour my Classic Rock playlist (think: Kansas, Rush, Metallica, Journey).

For getting pumped up to go somewhere / see something, I like the NOFX album So Long And Thanks For All The Fish, some up-beat Taylor Swift, and Lizzo's About Damn Time.

Project Coordinator

• Gbur
    Gbur ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Pfft, this really depends on so much.

Blue Swede - Hooked on a Feeling

Foster the People - Helena Beat

BNL - Brian Wilson

Smashing Pumpkins - 1979

Audioslave - I am the Highway

Chris Cornell - Pillow of your Bones

Pearl Jam - Yellow Ledbetter

Foo Fighters - The Pretender

Nirvana's Bowie cover - The Man Who Sold the World

Chicago - Saturday in the Park

Counting Crows Dead cover of -Friend of the Devil

Fuel - Shimmer

Local H - Bound for the Floor

RHCP - Under the Bridge

G Love - Rodeo Clowns

Metallica - The Memory Remains

Sheryl Crow - All I Wanna Do

Fleetwood Mac - Dreams

Backstreet Boys - I want it that way (everyone knows the words)

Gene Chandler - Duke of Earl

McCoys - Hang on Sloopy

Creedence - Have you ever seen the Rain

Jim Croce - Bad, Bad Leroy Brown

Steve Perry - Oh Sherrie

Soulja Boy - Turn my swag on

Lupe - The Show Goes On

Bone Thugs - Crossroads

Cam'ron - Hey Ma

Gorillaz - Feel Good Inc

Nelly - Air Force Ones

Kanye - Spaceship

Goo Goo Dolls - Acoustic #3

Lucky Boys Confusion - City Lights

John Mayer - Gravity

Earth Wind and Fire - September

Aliotta Haynes Jeremiah - Lake Shore Drive

Five Stairsteps - O-o-h Child

Saves the Day - At Your Funeral

Rodney Atikins - Take a Back Road

Eric Church - Talladega

Cole Swindell - Chillin It

John Denver - Take Me Home, Country Roads

Shania - Man! I Feel Like a Woman!

Chris Stapleton - Tennessee Whiskey

The Band Perry - If I Die Young

Lady A - Champagne Night

Kelsea Ballerini - half my hometown

Khruangbin - Texas Sun

The XX - Seasons Run

Lissie's cover of Pursuit of Happiness

Old Crow Medicine Show - Wagon Wheel

Moon Taxi - River Water

Cage the Elephant - Cigarette Daydreams

Alt-J - Matilda

Decemberists - Mistral

Margot & The Nuclear So and So's - Broadripple is Burning

Panama - Always

Shins - Simple Song

Mowgli's - I'm Good

Alien Ant Farm - Movies

• Monicacraven
    Monicacraven ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Pink - I am here

• mbarthkelly
    mbarthkelly ✭✭✭
    Options

It depends on my mood but my go to will be songs by P!nk, especially "F***ing Perfect" and "Glitter"

• Ashlee Slaughter
    Options

I don't think I could name just one. I have a playlist on my phone that is about 7 hours worth of music that I listen to at work. But some of the top pump-up options on that playlist are probably This is Me and The Greatest Show from The Greatest Showman, Hey Look Ma I Made It by Panic! at the Disco, Tonight Tonight by Hot Chelle Rae, and Pink by Lizzo from Barbie. 😝

• Judy S
    Judy S ✭✭
    Options

I have enjoyed listening to a lot of these songs, and I'm probably about to date myself, but my go to song is Gloria Gaynor "I will Survive". A fun song about overcoming failure (or bad choices) and achieving independence.

• Bradley Jouty
    Options

100% the Gossamer album by Passion Pit. It got me through so many study sessions in college and even now it allows me to dial in the focus.

• adp_cl
    adp_cl ✭✭✭✭
    Options

To concentrate, nothing beats Lofi Hip Hop.

To get motivated, Flogging Molly does the trick.

• Stephanie_G
    Options

There is no one song I listen to when I need to be motivated at work. Instead, I gravitate to certain albums and and maybe a few playlists, so I'll give my top three:

1) At the top of the list is Ed Sheeran's Divide album. Probably one of my all-time favorite albums to listen to from start to finish and over and over again. 💖🎸

2) A close second is the Bleachers Strange Desire album, especially Rollercoaster and I Wanna Get Better. So looking forward to the release of their new self-titled album. 🎶

3) While not exactly a single album, I love listening to Amazon Musics '80s Rock Ballads Playlist....it's full of a bunch of music I grew up listening to though admittedly I end up singing along more than working. 😄 💿️

• Mohammad Sleem
    Options

Good question! but the answer may vary AHAHAH

For me Top 1 is: Lose Yourself - Eminem whether you are like Rnb or hiphop or you dont, you cant deny honestly!

the amount of adrenaline that flushes into your veins within the first minute of the song is crazyyy!!!

Top 2: Fear of the Dark - Iron Maiden

Damn this song is knockout!! i listen to this song everytime i want finishh and send a climbing project!!! damnnnn it ahhaha i got excited just writing the name.

Top 3: The Kids Aren´t Alright - The Offspring.

thiss remindss me that life is not easyy and we should act up!!! the beat is superrrr energizing and adrenalineeee is everywhereee....

• Andrea_Thompson
    Andrea_Thompson ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Anything from the Hamilton soundtrack!

This discussion has been closed.