Automation spanning multiple sheets

Current organization: within a single folder, there are about 10 sheets, each for a different project. The same Assignee will be present in multiple sheets.

I want an automation that will send a daily email to each Assignee listing all of their open tasks (i.e. start date has been met). I can do this for each individual sheet, but then the Assignee receives multiple emails when they are in multiple sheets. That's cumbersome; I want just one email.

I believe what I am needing is the ability to create an Automation at the Folder level (rather than sheet level).

Answers

• KPH
    KPH ✭✭✭✭✭✭

You can only create automations at sheet level but you could have a two-step automation.

Step 1 in the individual sheets use the automation you have to copy the rows to another central sheet rather than send the alert.

Step 2 create the alert automation in the second sheet (where you will have all the rows to alert on). If you record a date as the final step in this automation, you can use that to ensure those rows are not included in subsequent emails.