How to show a chart (stacked?) of count of each task status + number of late tasks per status

Hello,

I have a typical project schedule sheet with tasks, start/finish dates, etc, and have a Status column with several different levels of task status, which includes several status levels (process steps) in between "not started" and "complete". I also have a check box column marking when a task is late (start and finish dates are past, but status is not "complete"). I would like to include a chart on the dashboard showing the number of each status level, plus the number that are late within each status type. - Obviously, this won't apply for some of the Status levels, like "not started" or "complete", but since we have several other status levels in between, we'd like to see where the late tasks are getting hung up.

How can I create a stacked chart or bar chart showing this?

Thanks!

Tags:

Best Answer

• KPH
    KPH ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

You can create a ew sheet for your graph data. Use a COUNTIF or COUNTIFS formula to complete that sheet from the data in your project schedule and then create a graph from the graph data sheet.

Your aim is to create a new sheet of data that looks something like this:

From that you can create a graph like this:

Using these settings:

Answers

• KPH
    KPH ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

You can create a ew sheet for your graph data. Use a COUNTIF or COUNTIFS formula to complete that sheet from the data in your project schedule and then create a graph from the graph data sheet.

Your aim is to create a new sheet of data that looks something like this:

From that you can create a graph like this:

Using these settings:

• mtp105
    mtp105 ✭✭✭

Great - thank you! I'll give it a try. I was thinking in terms of using a report to pull in my data, which didn't work to create the stacked chart, but this makes sense. Thanks for the suggestion.

• KPH
    KPH ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Glad I could help!