Automation / Form(?) Help

Options

Hi,

I have created an event data sheet that has six columns (event name, date, attendee and then three other informational columns). The first three columns (name, date, attendee) will be filled in by my marketing department. I need to create an automation that emails the attendee and asks them to fill out a questionnaire (form) providing the information for the remaining three questions of that event row. I want the event information (1st three columns) to be auto-filled in the form. I need the email automation to go out every week until all information has been gathered. I do not want the attendee to have access to the data sheet. I also do not want the attendee to fill out a new form every time the automation runs. I think this is an update request, but I am not sure if it can be done without giving the attendees sheet access. This is why I am trying to go the form route.

Any direction that can be provided would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Best Answer

• Ric T
    Ric T ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Felicia Nabors,

Here's a suggestion to what you're trying to accomplish. In addition to your six columns, create a seventh column as a checkbox (completed), where it's ticked when all fields in a row are completed. This will be used as a trigger for your automations described below.

Automation #1: Update Request for attendees to complete:

• When a date is reached -> custom -> repeat every week on your desired day until the date of your event.
    • Add a condition where when your "completed" checkbox column is not checked, request an update to your contacts column. Add a customize message (e.g. Hi {{Name}}, thank you for joining {{Event Name}} on {{Date}} and select the Specific Fields (your three other columns) you want them update. More tips on customizing your alerts/requests.

Automation #2: Sheet changes, tick completed column

• When your last three columns (really all your columns) are completed via update request, change your completed checkbox column to check.

You wouldn't need to give attendees access to your sheet, and the attendees will only need to complete the update request once until that completed column is checked via automation.

Cheers,

Ric

Answers

• Ric T
    Ric T ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Felicia Nabors,

Here's a suggestion to what you're trying to accomplish. In addition to your six columns, create a seventh column as a checkbox (completed), where it's ticked when all fields in a row are completed. This will be used as a trigger for your automations described below.

Automation #1: Update Request for attendees to complete:

• When a date is reached -> custom -> repeat every week on your desired day until the date of your event.
    • Add a condition where when your "completed" checkbox column is not checked, request an update to your contacts column. Add a customize message (e.g. Hi {{Name}}, thank you for joining {{Event Name}} on {{Date}} and select the Specific Fields (your three other columns) you want them update. More tips on customizing your alerts/requests.

Automation #2: Sheet changes, tick completed column

• When your last three columns (really all your columns) are completed via update request, change your completed checkbox column to check.

You wouldn't need to give attendees access to your sheet, and the attendees will only need to complete the update request once until that completed column is checked via automation.

Cheers,

Ric

• Felicia Nabors
    Options

Thank you Ric.

• Ric T
    Ric T ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Happy to help!