Sign in to submit new ideas and vote
Get Started

Saved View w/ Filters & Hidden Columns

Options

It would be a great feature to be able to save a view with certain filter criteria as well has hidden coumns. We use and love smartsheet for reference and for example our accounting team needs to see (and often copy) info that differs from what our permitting team would need to view. Since all this info is stored on the same smartsheet - there is a lot of scrolling side to side . . .or repeated hide/unhide of columns. Thanks!

3 votes

Idea Submitted · Last Updated

Comments

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Options

Hi @CTrezona

Have you thought about creating two Reports from the same sheet? That way you can provide a filtered view with select column for each team to work in. You can make changes to most cell data in a Report which then immediately is updated in the underlying sheet.

They would still need to be shared to the underlying sheet, but it would prevent the scrolling/hiding and unhiding that you're mentioning. 🙂

• CTrezona
    Options

Thank you Genevieve P. - I'll study up on my reports! Appreciate your time. CT

• Koleen Steiner
    Options

@CTrezona - OR Try the Dynamic View. I love them for permission control OR when I want to build with a base filter on the original sheet, with a "layered" filter on the DV - with the added benefit of controlling what columns are exposed and what columns they can edit. This protects any accidental updates on the original sheet, cleans up the view and ensures the filters are working correctly! Reach out if you need more creative ideas. :)

Good Luck!

K-

Koleen Steiner

IT PM & Smartsheet Guru, BeiGene, Inc.