What would be causing only some individual to not receive automation emails?

Options

I have a simple automation set up to email a reminder to people listed in a contact list cell. When the automation runs, I get the email, others get the email, but one (possibly more) individual does not. This individual gets emails from other automations running in the company. The automation does show up in their notifications tab on the web (Bell icon).

The individual feels this is on my end, but I can't see how.

I have verified that:

Having one individual or multiple individuals listed in the contact list cell has no impact

The individual's email address is correct

The individual's Smartsheet settings are set to receive emails

The email is not put in the trash or Other folders

An outlook search for the exact title of the email does return the email (So theoretically the issue isn't a email rule as find would look in all folders. I have even deleted an email, searched for it, and it still shows up in the search while in the deleted folder)

What am I missing? What else can I check for?

Best Answer

• Dan Y
    Dan Y ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

For those who might have read this, it turns out the employee did have a rule that was sending everything to a random folder. Why it didn't show up in a search I do not know, but deleting the rule fixed the issue.

Answers

• Will Jeffords
    Will Jeffords ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi Dan, this is a shot in the dark, but have you checked issues around aliasing of email addresses?

At my company, I sometimes encounter issues related to the fact that my email:

wjeffords@swampfoxinc.com and

will.jeffords@swampfoxinc.com

are both valid, but depending on how I have someone set up at the admin level, in groups, and on individual sheets (and how their "Edit Contact" info is reflected (see image here);

things can get messed up.

This may not be related to your issue at all, but it is something that I have to be careful and correct often!

Best of luck,

Will

• Dan Y
    Dan Y ✭✭✭
    Options

Good thought. I'll look into that. I already started to track down an admin from one of the other sheets he is getting emails from in the company to ask them to copy exactly what they have for an address, but the email auto-populates from the company directory, so I doubt that's it. It's just a first letter, last name format, so not a lot to mess up.

Regardless, thanks for the reply.

• Dan Y
    Dan Y ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

For those who might have read this, it turns out the employee did have a rule that was sending everything to a random folder. Why it didn't show up in a search I do not know, but deleting the rule fixed the issue.